Tuesday, October 12, 2010

onetwothree.fivesixseven

Well...
here
I
go

Putting the radio on, and searching for La Mega. Nope, merengue is playing. "Mom! Can I get a Joe Arroyo or El Group Niche CD or something?"

So I get it, I play it, and I hear "Esclavitud Perpetua." I feel it. It makes me wanna dance...so much so that I am actually getting up in front of my bedroom mirror and doing "the basic."

This is EASY! But then Joe Arroyo starts singing, the music fades and the tempo changes. All of a sudden I don't "feel" the music. It's right when he says, "En los anos mil seiscientos, cuando el tirano mando
las calles de Cartagena, aquella historia vivio..." that I completely lose focus. Is this a transition? Am I suppose to slow my step on certain instrumental notes? Because I feel like I'm totally off rhythm if I keep with the "onetwothree.fivesixseven"

I'm going to ask my mom what it is I should do during this awkward transition. She would know. I'll letchu know when I find out!

PS- there is another part in the song that sounds like something out of a Tom & Jerry episode. Joe Arroyo says, "Y con ustedes....Chelito de casa" and then "Chelito de casa" starts going off on the piano in a very fast paced manner. Too fast, too fast! Note to self: Ask mami about this too..

No comments:

Post a Comment