Thursday, November 11, 2010

Feeling the beat

I'm feeling the beat- both musically and physically.

In the beginning of class we had to "feel the beat" of the song and what numbers were being played. The beat of the conga would signify which steps to play up and what steps to play down. There are chords that are found in certain songs that will emphasize the numbers 1, 3, 5, 7- we have learned two dance moves that follow the 1, 3, 5, 7 pattern. I like these kinds of moves- they feel kind of bulky.

Dr.Trillo says we all look very old when we dance. This may be true. I don't exercise regularly or do cardio but maybe I should because Thursday mornings are usually filled with physical pain. Moreover, we are encouraged to dance on the balls of our feet which means that the next day my feet are sore from the second I awake. Also, salsa class itself feels like a workout so maybe being active and trying to exercise to get fit for class wouldn't be such a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment